MySQL is a open source relational database management system that allow you to manage relational databases.
- It is fast, easy to use relational databases.
- commonly used with PHP scripts
- Developed by Oracle Corporation.
What is Database?
Database is a collection of data or records organised in a table in rows and columns.
How DBMS works?
Suppose there is an user system. User wants to save a enquiry from a web page – enquiry form to database.
Here, User has to take help of DBMS in order to store enquiry form data to database. So, DBMS is a software which helps an user to store their data to database.
Everytime user sends a enquiry or record to database. It first go to DBMS which manage the data. Then it go to database and save.
DBMS helps to establish communication between user and database.
Some DBMS softwares are used :
- My SQL Server
Types of Database
There are two types of database
1. Relational – In relational database, all records are saved in tables.
example – product, stock, product_order, order, supplier, customer etc. are tables which are relational.
RDMS uses SQL (Structured Query Language).
Some popular RDMS are : Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL.
2. NoSQL – In NoSQL database, data are not saved in tables. NoSQL databases are document based.
some popular NoSQL DBMS are MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra etc.
Advantages of MySQL:
- Cross Platform – you can write MySQL codes on any operating system platform. It does not matter if the platform is Windows, MacOS, Linux etc.
- It can be used with popular languages like PHP, NodeJS, Python, C#.
- MySQL is RDMS
- MySQL software is Open source.
- MySQL database server is very fast, reliable and easy to use.
- MySQL server can be worked in client/server or embedded systems.
Popular websites around the world using MySQL