PHP – Introduction
PHP is a most popular Server Side Scripting language. PHP is used to create dynamic and interactive web pages.
PHP is basically used to create Web based software applications.
PHP was introduced by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994.
Q. What is PHP?
- PHP stands for – “PHP Hypertext Preprocessor”
- PHP is widely used Open Source Scripting language.
- PHP code is executed on the server.
- PHP is free to download.
Q. What can PHP do?
- PHP can create dynamic web pages
- PHP can read, write, update, delete and close files on the server.
- PHP can also collect data.
- PHP can be used to authenticate valid logins and can control data-access.
- PHP can encrypt data.
Q. Why should we use PHP?
- PHP runs on serveral platforms like Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix etc)
- PHP is compatible with almost all servers.
- PHP is free. So one can download it for free.
- PHP is easy to learn.