Python is a powerful, general purpose, interpreted, interactive, object-oriented and high-level programming language.
Python is general purpose programming language designed to be used for writing software in the widest variety of application domains.
Python is Interpreted – Python code is processed at runtime by the interpreter. We do not need to compile the python program before executing it like C and its variants.
Python is Interactive – Interactive mode is command line shell where we can interact with the interpreter directly to write our programs.
Python is Object-Oriented – Python supports Object-oriented programming language. It allows the definition of classes along with its composition and inhertance. Python doesn’t have any access specifiers like C++ public, private. The justification is given as – “We all are adults here”.
Python is a high-level programming language – such as C, FORTRAN or Pascal that enables a programmer to write programs that are more or less independent of a particular type of computer. It is closer to human understandable languages and further from machine languages.
Python works on different platforms i.e, Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry, Pi etc.
- It was created by Guido Van Rossum during 1985 – 1990.
- Like Perl, Python source code is also comes under the GNU General Purpose License (GPL).
What can a Python do?
- Python can be used for creating web applications.
- Python can be used to connect the database systems.
- Python can be used for automation.
- Python can be used to handle big data and perform complex mathematics problem.
- Python can be used for scientific modeling.