Creating a category and adding it to WordPress is a simple process. Here are the steps:
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on the “Posts” option in the left-hand menu.
- Click the “Categories” option in the left-hand menu.
- Enter the name of your new category in the name field.
- Add a slug for your new category. The slug is a URL-friendly version of the category name.
- Choose a parent category if you want to create a subcategory.
- Click the “Add New Category” button to create your new category.
Now that you have created a category, you can add it to your posts by following these steps:
- When creating or editing a post, scroll down to the “Categories” section in the right-hand menu.
- Check the box next to the category you want to assign to your post.
- Once you’re finished, click the “Publish” button to make your new post live on your website.
Categories are a useful feature in WordPress that allows you to group your posts together by topic or theme. By organizing your posts into categories, you can help visitors find the content they’re interested in more easily. Some of the benefits of using categories in WordPress include:
- Improved organization: Categories make it easier to organize your posts and help visitors find content on your site.
- Improved SEO: By using categories, you can create a more organized and structured site, which can improve your SEO.
- Increased engagement: By organizing your content into categories, you can make it easier for visitors to find related posts, which can increase engagement and keep visitors on your site longer.
Overall, categories are a useful tool for organizing your content and making your WordPress site more user-friendly.