PHP is a most popular Server Side Scripting language. PHP is used to create dynamic and interactive web pages.
- PHP is basically used to create Web based software applications.
PHP was introduced by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994.
Q. What is PHP?
- PHP stands for – “PHP Hypertext Preprocessor”
- PHP is widely used Open Source Scripting language.
- PHP code is executed on the server.
- PHP is free to download.
Q. What can PHP do?
- PHP can create dynamic web pages
- PHP can read, write, update, delete and close files on the server.
- PHP can also collect data.
- PHP can be used to authenticate valid logins and can control data-access.
- PHP can encrypt data.
Q. Why should we use PHP?
- PHP runs on serveral platforms like Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix etc)
- PHP is compatible with almost all servers.
- PHP is free. So one can download it for free.
- PHP is easy to learn.